About My Practice
A first intake with will run around 1 1/4 hours – I go through a comprehensive review of the ‘facts’ of your child’s story before the appointment, and then dive deeper during the appointment to get at the heart of the physical, emotional, and mental aspects of the case. Your child should not be present during the majority of the homeopathic intake; it is usually too distracting for the parent. I do like to meet the child briefly, and photos or videos are very helpful in addition. I use a method during the intake in which I will ask you to close your eyes and from a more meditative state, really attempt to get in touch, and convey, what it is like to be in your child’s skin; what life is like for them; this helps give me great insight and detail on which to prescribe the correct remedy. Follow up appointments are approximately every 4-6 weeks, and are either 20 or 50 minutes, and I also take acute appointments which are about 20 minutes long.
I am currently based near Seattle, Washington with occasional trips east to New York. I see the majority of clients on Skype or over the phone. Some parents assume I would get a better ‘feel’ for their child if I see them in person, however, I have found there is much to gain from working at a distance:
- Parents don’t have to put their child in a car, introduce them to a new place, and then keep them entertained during the initial visit.
- Parents tend to be more relaxed during appointments because they’re in their own home; I find that this helps us get deeper into the intake more easily.
- I have a small window into your home environment, which can be very insightful and useful information.
- I am able to see clients from all over the world
- Occasionally internet connections are problematic, but phone calls work fine when necessary.
For information on appointments, please see my Appointments Page.
If you’d like to get a better sense of how my homeopathic cases proceed, please see my case examples in the resources section.
A Word About International Appointments
About 30% of my clientele are from outside of the United States and I do ship remedies internationally, or can have you order remedies from a pharmacy in your region. Below is a list of countries from which I have seen many families. If you would like to talk to a parent from one of these countries who I’ve worked with, let me know and I can put you in touch.
- Sri Lanka
- South Africa
- Hong Kong
For information on new and return appointments, see my Appointments Page.